Making a Sleeps12 booking
Our Step by Step Guide to Booking With Sleeps12.com
We're often asked how the process works when booking one of our luxury large group holiday cottages, so we thought we we'd explain it, to make it easier for you.
- Start off by having a look through our gorgeous properties! You can search using your prefered dates or by area, for example, you might only want to see hoilday homes in Somerset or Gloucestershire. However you search, all of the avaliable properties will come up, along with the rental prices. If you're stuck for inspiration have a look at our Holiday Ideas on our home page - you'll find things like Autumn Breaks, Walking Holidays, Dog Friendly, Hot Tubs, Swimming Pools and heaps more.
- Once you've found a property you like the look of, have a good read of all the pages, get ideas for things to see and do, places to eat, and check out the floor plans, gallery pictures and walkthrough videos to get a really good idea of the property and where everyone's going to sleep, etc.
- Then make your booking. You can do this easily online by choosing your selected dates on the avaliability calendar and completing the booking form provided. If you want to place the property on hold you can do this for 48 hours by declining to pay the deposit, but remember that if the deposit isn't paid within 48 hours you'll lose the booking. Bear in mind that changeover days are Monday and Friday, and if you get stuck give us a call on 01823 665500 because we can also take bookings over the phone.
- Don't forget to read the Terms and Conditions and tick the check box at the bottom! If you do the booking online then you'll automatically be prompted to do this. If we take the booking over the phone you'll need to log into your booking page (find this at the top of the Sleeps12.com website) using your unique booking reference number and email address. Booking reference numbers are sent in the email confirming your booking.
- As mentioned above, the deposit is what actually secures your booking; it's 20% of the total cost of the holiday and it should be paid within 48 hours. If for any reason you need a little more time to pay the deposit, you'll need to let us know.
- Once you've paid the deposit you don't need to do anything until the final payment for your holiday is due, and you'll be contacted via automated emails to do so - usually about 16 weeks before your arrival date, as this balance must be paid 12 weeks before the start of your holiday. Payments can be made online or by calling the office.
A few more things to do before your stay
- Have a look at the Extras on the property page. You'll find heaps of ideas for activities you might like to book, as well as things like in-house catering and pampering. If you need advice give the office a call and we'll help all we can.
- You will be asked to complete your bedroom configurations after you've made your final payment. You can do this via the 'My Booking' section of the Sleeps12.com website. Log in using your booking reference number and email address and from there it's easy. Choose how you would like your beds made up; most are zip and link so you can have them arranged as doubles or singles. Our advice is to look at the floor plan and the walk through video to get a good feel for the bedrooms; it's a good way to make your decisions. You can also select cots and toddler beds and other baby equipment here too. Note that this facility will shut down 14 days before your arrival date, but if you miss that deadline don't panic - just give the office a call and it can be done over the phone.
- If you are booking a supermarket delivery please make sure you do this in good time and make sure you have a delivery slot for after your 4pm arrival time.
- About 4 weeks before arrival you will be able to access your check in information at any time via the 'My Booking' section. This contains all you need to know about accessing the property, the owner's phone numbers in case of an emergency, directions, a list of what will be in the house, and how you should leave the property, etc. This is an invaluable resource for you and for us, and there's even a check box at the bottom that you tick, which lets us know that you've read it all.
- Finally, you may be contacted by the owner to pay a cautionary deposit. This is usually up to £500 and will be requested about 3 weeks before your arrival. This is a security deposit taken by the owner to ensure that any damages are paid for, so providing everything is okay after your stay you'll get it back. Our guests usually take great care of a property but this is just a common procedure that most holiday companies have in place.
On the day!
- Please remember that arrival time is always 4pm. If you are going to be early we suggest you have a look around the local area or stop for something to eat. Our cleaners need plenty of time to get the property looking spick and span for your stay so if you arrive early the chances are they'll still be busy.
- If you are going to be late please inform the contact on the check in information as they will usually be there to meet and greet you. Always phone the given contact rather than the office after 4pm as we may have left for the day.
- Make sure you know where all the contact information is and anything else you may need to know about. The person who meets and greets you will show you all you need to know about but if there is anything else just ask, or call the owner.
During your stay
- If you have a problem during your stay your first point of contact is always the owner or the property manager. Their details will be in your check in information and they will be the person who can help you the most!