Making a Sleeps12 booking
Our step by step guide to booking with Sleeps12.com
We often get asked what the process is when booking one of our gorgeous, luxury holiday cottages so thought we would get it all down on paper to help you.
Don't forget we have a helpful team in the office who will always be pleased to assist you with any questions or help with the steps here, just give the office a call on 01823 665500 or email on email@example.com
- Look through our fantastic list of properties or search using your prefered dates. All avaliable properties will come up including prices. You cna even use our helpful ideas section on the home page to get some inspiration
- You have found a property you love the look of! Now have a look at all of the detail provided including floor plans, gallery pictures and walkthrough videos to get a better idea of the property and where your party will sleep, gather etc.
- Make a booking - bookings can be made online by choosing your selected dates on the avaliability calendar. Be aware that changeover days are Monday and Friday. Complete the easy to follow booking form provided. If you want to place the property on hold you can do this for 48 hours by declining to pay the deposit. We can also take bookings over the phone if you find that easier.
- Remember to read the terms and conditions and tick the check box at the bottom! If you do the booking online then you will be prompted to do this. If we take the booking over the phone you will need to log into your very own booking page at the top of the Sleeps12.com website. You will need your booking reference number and the email address you made the booking with to do this. Booking reference numbers are sent with your booking confirmation.
- A deposit secures your booking and should be paid within 48 hours. If you need a little more time just let us know. Call the office and discuss with them your requirements. Deposits are always 20% of the total booking cost.
- You have now secured your perfect property! You will be prompted by automatic emails when your final payment is due in order to settle the balance. These will usually be about 16 weeks before your arrival date as this balance must be paid 12 weeks before arrival. Payments can be made online or by calling the office.
A few more things to do before your stay
- Why not have a look on the Extras tab on the property page. Are there any activities you would like to book or would you like to book some pampering? The Extras tab gives you lots of ideas and details of things you can do and book to make your stay even more enjoyable. If you need advice or guidance give the office a call and they can help.
- You will be asked to complete your bedroom configurations for most of our properties after your final payment. You can do this via the 'My Booking' section of the sleeps12.com website. Log in using the booking reference number and email address and you will see some actions. In here you can choose how you would like your beds made up as most are Zip and Link so can be doulbes or singles. Our advice is to look at the floor plan and the walk through video to get a good feel for the bedrroms so you make the best decisions. You can also select cots and toddler beds and other baby equipment here too. This facility will shut down 14 days before your arrival date. Don't panic just give the office a call and they can do it over the phone.
- If you are booking a supermarket delivery please make sure you do this in good time and make sure you have a delivery slot after 4pm when you know you will have arrived at the property.
- About 4 weeks before arival you will be able to access you check in information via the 'My Booking' section. This contains all you need to know about accessing the property, the owner's phone numbers in case of an emergancy, directions to the property, list of what will be in the property, how to leave the property etc. This is invaluable and there is a check box at the bottom you need to tick so we know you have accessed it and read it!
- Finally, you may be contacted by the owner to pay a cautionary deposit, this is usually up to £500. They will contact you about 3 weeks before your arrival. This is a security deposit taken by the owner to ensure that any damages are paid for. We know that our guests will take care of the property but sometimes security is needed just in case.
On the day!
- Please remember that arrival time is always 4pm. If you are going to be early then please do have a look around the local area or stop for something to eat. Our cleaners need plenty of time to get the property looking spick and span for your stay.
- If you are going to be late please do inform the contact on the check in information as they will often be there for when you arrive. Don't call the office after 4pm as we may have gone home!
- make sure you know where all the contact information is and anything else you may need to know about. Ask the person who meets you there or call the owner.
During your stay
- If you have a problem during your stay then you should always call the owner first. You have their details in your check in information as they will be the person who can help you the most!